Saturday, May 5, 2018

Chase Child Life Bruin Run/Walk

Last week on Sunday, April 29, Chase Child Life held their 19th annual Bruin Run Walk held on the UCLA campus.  I was quick to sign up for this 5K.  To run for my daughter with so many others who were running for childhood cancer.  All of the proceedings for this race went directly to the Chase Child Life program at the hospital. 
This was last Thanksgiving where Alanna won her first medal running in the kids race.  I can't wait for her to be able to run with me again someday.

I am so very grateful for child life.  To the entire staff for being here to help my Alanna through such a tough time in her life.  For the playroom that Alanna loves and the distractions (toys, games, puzzles, arts and crafts, etc) they bring her.  I am so grateful for the many times a child life representative comes with Alanna to a procedure to offer her emotional support and a distraction while she is so scared.  Oh how I wish I could always be with her through every little step of the way but when I can't she has Katie, Karleen, Milli, or Megan there to help her.  Thank you ladies!  I wish I could do as much for you as you are doing for Alanna.  If Alanna could she would go to the playroom all day and all night.  She asks to go to the playroom all of the time and goes multiple times throughout the day. 

Running on Sunday meant so much to me.  I was able to pray the entire 3.1 miles, offering my gratitude for Child Life and begging the Lord that my daughter will be a cancer survivor.  The energy running with others who have had children fighting cancer lifted my spirits so much.  There is a lot of support for us!  After the race all of the wonderful child life ladies filled my bag up completely with toys and crafts to take back to Alanna.  We were very entertained that day!  And when I returned Alanna was still sleeping in so she didn't notice my absence at all but I am grateful for Daddy who came early to be with her.





No comments:

Post a Comment