Thursday, June 14, 2018

Radiation Side Effects

With the end of Radiation Therapy.  Here are all of the side effects that we experienced:







1. Severe malnutrition.  Quick loss of 20% of Alanna's body weight.  The first four weeks Alanna experienced nausea and vomiting.  Weekly chemotherapy also added to this.  Chemo changed the way things tasted.  Almost all of Alanna's favorite foods now taste bad and she refuses to eat them.  Alanna also has always refused to eat any new foods.  The only thing she is still willing to eat are chocolate muffins and only very small amounts.  This has led to another hospital stay which started last Friday.  We should be discharged this coming weekend.  Last Saturday Alanna was fitted with an NG feeding tube.  Terrible experience for us.  Sticking a tube down your babies nose is not something I will want to relive again.  Which I will have to in 30 days when the tube needs to be replaced again.  I hope it is very temporary.  She will go home with her tube this weekend.  We are here until they get the dosage right and I learn how to care for her while she uses it.


2.  Raw, scaly, sore red head.  To me it looks like her head is burning in a way. (The scar is from her brain surgery at the end of March).

3. Hair loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment